Sterling silver freshwater pearl chain
Soft glossy, lustrous, large freshwater pearls are the star of this charming precious necklace. The pearls are on sterling silver wire with finely wire wrapped ends. The handcrafted sterling silver chain adds a contemporary edge to classic white pearls.
- Sterling silver rings, wire and clasp.
- Freshwater pearls.
- Modern pearl jewellery.
- Pearls are amazing gems that are made by a living mollusc. Pearls symbolise purity, beauty and new beginnings.
- An ancient Hindu legend says that pearls were created by dewdrops from the moon falling into the sea. Krishna gave one of these pearls to his daughter on her wedding day.
- According to the International Gem Society pearls were first recorded by a Chinese historian in 2,206 BC. In Chinese folklore dragons held pearls between their teeth and when they fought each other pearls would fall from the sky.
- These are cultured freshwater pearls with an oval shape and banding around the middle. They have natural variations in shape and surface texture.
- The large silver rings are soldered to give a smooth finish.
- Length is 62 cm.
- There are 12 pearls, they vary in size – approximately 9-10 mm x 10 – 11 mm.
- All of my jewellery is made by me in my small artisan studio.
- All sterling silver wire used for Rings and Stones jewellery is eco-friendly commercially recycled sterling silver.
- All items come packaged ready to give as a gift.
- I don’t include a printed receipt. A receipt is emailed to you immediately after your order is completed.
- Postage details can be found here. To see the postage cost for an item, simply add the item to your cart and fill in the shipping country on the checkout page.